Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Seven Year Itch

So as a wake up to give myself a a dose of Progesterone, there she, is aunt flow letting me know that my 4th Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is a failure. Today is my 39th birthday. Most people would never think that my husband and I at our age are just starting a family. They haven't seen the seven going on eight year struggle with two surgical procedures, one miscarriage, and 4 failed IUI's. I will have to get around giving fake smiles and thank you so to everyone. These are the hidden moments of infertility that no one sees. These are the things that we hide. My husband and I miscarried three years ago on his birthday. These are hidden examples of how the disease of infertility chips away at any hope.
Most people cannot handle infertility and the pain it gives. Imagine if I let everyone who wished me a happy birthday know how upset I am? Imagine if I was at work today? The stiff upper lip is what you see with most infertile couples. And the truth is that for as many people who say that they are there for you, are some of the same people who would avoid me if I ever did open up.  

© All original content copyright Nancy De Lazzaro Brannum, 2013-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment