Monday, October 5, 2015

Man on Clomid


Since playing a medical baby roulette, my husband and I are trying a different approach to the same old IUI (Intrauterine Insemination). We are taking a two to three month break as he goes back to his urologist to see what we can do to boost numbers. We are also trying some new vitamins (FertileAid®, OvuBoost®, DEHA). 

However, those are not what I am discussing today. Today is about being hormonal or rather, him being hormonal. After two years of hearing about other husbands on Clomid (clomiphene citrate) through online support groups, we finally had his new Kaiser urologist suggest it. A big shout out to my TTC Facebook groups. This is experimental and has been successful in increasing sperm production. His doctor ordered a before and after analysis to see for any improvement. Of course, I will post the results when this happens. Only time will tell. He has pulled the “I’m hormonal” card though. 

Now I have been on Clomid – a lot of Clomid. Above the recommended dose and enough to induce hot flashes.  When I was on Clomid, my husband did not notice any significant mood swings, grumpy, or emotional changes. Work was a different story. As I shared my experience with coworkers, it backfired. I was suddenly the only woman around with a period and who could possibly be PMSing. My husband was the one who pointed this out by the way.  I came home from work crying because everyone said I was hormonal. Mind you, he knew the women I worked with from helping with maintenance.  He noticed that the girls blaming me for every situation. Now the tables have turned and my lovely hubby is on Clomid. We do not know the side effects yet but maybe now we will not argue over watching a chick flick or just wanting a hug. 
 
© All original content copyright Nancy De Lazzaro Brannum, 2013-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment